i got nobody on my side
[html]

cake--

i have come curiously close to the end.

cakeMonsters were bad news, and that was why the dread settled there in her stomach, bringing a frown to her face as she watched the sensitive little girl in front of her. Thoughts of Andre weren't ones she liked to entertain often; in fact, she almost wished she'd never told anyone what he'd done to her and just killed him herself. That would have redeemed her, it would have kept her from going fucking crazy before she was even a year old. No, maybe that wasn't true -- if anything, she felt more sane, really. Either way, it sucked, to put it lightly. She lacked the vocabulary (and the will to learn a bigger one) to bother phrasing it any better. And when the girl replied, nothing she said made it any better.

cake"Okay," Tal replied, looking down at this little mystery before her, telling herself it couldn't be Andre, and even if it was, he was dead, dead like the sand she had just killed, so it didn't matter. Though few would have guessed, Talitha knew how to direct her thoughts. She had more willpower than she would have been given credit for. It was a necessity to keep those thoughts locked away, so she could live a proper life without diving headfirst off a bridge, or something stupid like that. So she did it then, pushed that away and focused again on the child and her obvious fear.

cake"That's alright, you don't need to go back to any monsters, okay, girly?" Who the fuck were the monsters? But if she had mentioned her father, then the monster, then her mother must have been the monster, right? It was weird. This whole thing smelled funny. "We'll look out for you. Inferni's one big family, if you're a Lykoi you're probably related to a lot of us here. We'll take care of ya. Do you have a place to stay?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread