a deo et rege [aw]
[html]

"Course I have, Dad," he said softly, looking at his father’s expression. He seemed disappointed to have missed his son’s maturation, but he still wasn’t completely grown. He had his childish tendencies still and always loved a good tumble. And aside from just growing up, he had matured emotionally as well. He was no longer shy or introverted. While he wasn’t necessarily an extrovert now, he wasn’t as unwilling to approach a stranger as he had been before. Now he was comfortable in his own skin and knew his own strengths and weaknesses, which lent him a very comfortable lifestyle. There was so much that he wanted to tell his father, but it couldn’t all come in one meeting. He’d start with the things he could fit into this reunion and then continue later, once they had time to settle in. "I didn’t find Sun, Dad. On my way to find her I fell off a steep cliff and broke my arm," here he pointed to his left arm, where there were a few scars along both upper and lower parts. "Zorion here," he motioned toward the horse at his side, smiling at the beast as he bowed his head respectfully.

"He saved my life. Brought me to a wolf that used to live here named Roman d’Angelo. He lives in this city by the sea up north, where the wolves there wear clothes and work as the humans used to. It was so cool to see." Now that he was finished with his little reverie, he turned to his father and smiled. He patted him on the back, finally able to see his father eye-to-eye. Well, at least he didn’t have to strain his neck looking upward. He was taller than he had been before, as well as more muscled, but he was still short for a regular-sized wolf. He didn’t care one bit that he was shorter and stockier than normal; he liked himself just that way. There was nothing in the world that could stop him from loving himself now. The messenger bag that he usually carried was strapped to the saddle on Zori’s back, and he remembered suddenly that he had presents for everybody. "You remember Naniko? Well that’s her father. He’s such a neat guy – he taught me how to work with wood and I made some presents for all of you." He stopped for a moment, allowing his father to soak in all of the knowledge.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread