never strain, never break
[html]

“I like it well enough. It's a home, anyway,” she said, nice to know that he had found Gabriel charming enough. “Gabriel is my brother and most of our family live in Inferni. So I suppose you could even say that it's quite nice.” Or at least, it was as nice and comforting as their supposed clan of would-be wolf murderers were. Sometimes she wondered just what her mother would have thought if she could have been with them. Would she have been disgusted in them? Proud? Or maybe, she decided to go with, trying to think about it was pointless. She'd never know. Her steps slowed a bit as Bane's attention settled on his pack, though she lingered behind him as he rummaged around for what it was that he looked for.

Of course, it did come as a bit of an amusing note to know that he was half-blind — he really had been stumbling around at any rate. His murmur faintly caught her ears and she curtailed the distance that had turned up between them, peering curiously at him as he slipped them on. “I'd say you're quite lucky, especially if you need them that badly.” If they had been broken, who knew how long it would have taken him to find another pair that would have worked. Moreover, ones that could be settled right on his face without being too small or too awkward. Smiling thinly, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. “Everything good and in focus?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread