I conduct a symphony of sound
[html]

She almost opened her mouth to tell him that it wasn't a hard device to use, but kept it firmly closed. Maybe he'd think that it was hard once he tried it. She had been taught how to use the rod at a really young age, and she was more used to it. A cold wind swept by her, making her wet hands feel a little bit colder than the rest of her. She rubbed them together and stepped a little closer to the fire, putting her hands near it. "I've never used a two-man one before...so you'd have to teach me that. It'll be an exchange." She wasn't partial to sharing the island with someone else, but if she had to then she supposed that it was good that it was Dawali and not someone else.

"It's a pretty useful device, if there's only one of you and the water's deep. You just take some bait and put it on the hook, then lower the hook down into the water. If a fish grabs at the bait, then you yank the rod up so that the hook will catch on the inside of its mouth...and pull it up." She walked toward the line of fish, reaching down for one. "Sometimes if you use a little fish, like a couple of these are, you can catch a really big one." She shoved the hook through the fish's body, then offered the rod to Dawali.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread