dirty deeds done dirt cheap - p Haven
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">

Now, Haven was getting to the age where he understood when adults made a show of this, they were doing it for his benefit. Honestly the man could have found him in a matter of seconds. No matter how good he was at hiding, his scent would always give him away. Most adults were very good at picking up scents, so it was almost impossible to really hide from them. But despite that, he still liked it when they pretended like it was hard to find him. He knew that when he was a great big wolf, he would probably do that too. All a part of his light-hearted and playful nature.

The talking out-loud was a nice touch. It made the pup have to suppress some laughter. After all, he didn't want to ruin the illusion of what was going on either! Life was so much more fun when people pretended things. If you lost your imagination, life was so dull and boring. Luckily a lack of imagination had never been a problem for the Aatte boy. If he wanted to see his mom turn into a dragon, no problem. Wanted to believe he was a knight in bright armor? Piece of cake. Anything could be anything else if you just put your mind to it.

Finally the game of hide-n-seek was over. The pup spun around to face the guy, broad grin in place as always. "Yah you did! Good jobs!" he said, wagging his tail proudly. "My name's Haven! One of my mommies runs the pack just over there!" Crimson Dreams was a big source of pride for him. He was kind of the prince of it! "What's your name?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread