I conduct a symphony of sound
[html]

As Ember presented the cons and pro's of the device, Dawali found himself nodding, yellow eyes keenly eying the pole with a thin line attached to it. The method seemed simple enough in theory, but how it felt in practice was something else. Though of course, being male with his silly pride and everything, nothing would make him back down now. It had nothing to do with Ember being female, really, because he didn't look down upon or felt like he had to prove himself to females. Most of the time they were the ones that made him feel uncertainty, so obviously he wasn't negative towards them; seemingly frightened would be a better way to pinpoint it. He would have taken this challenge just the same had Ember been male, simply because he had been presented to something he didn't know, and it was presented in the right way to make him feel as if it was necessary to master it in order not to lose face. He knew that Ember probably wouldn't look down on him if he couldn't master the art of fishing with a stick, but his pride pushed him onward nonetheless.

Well the concept seems easy enough I guess, Dawali muttered, hand again scratching his neck, elbow pointing to the sky. He did this when he felt uncertain, it seemed, though he did not notice it himself. Watching as the femme grabbed one of the smaller fish and with a motion that spoke of experience pinned it to the hook on the end, Dawali was struck by doubt. Exactly how large a fish?! Because while fishing with a net might be strenuous, since the fish were many and heavy, one large fish on that thin line seemed somewhat.. ridiculous to him. It'd never hold that much weight! Images of the sharp hook coming flying back at him as the line broke, biting him in the face, were not very soothing. But ehm.. Are you sure that line there would hold a large saltwater fish? I mean, it looks rather.. weak, if I should put it that way. Again the apologetic shrug and awkward look on his face as he took the pole offered and eyed the line with a fish on the end, Dawali felt that same helplessness as before. Always this feeling when he thought he might be offending a woman. Some women tended to throw themselves into angry fits over things that were meant even as a compliment, and thus every time he threw mild criticism in the direction of a female, that nervousness crept in. Ember seemed like a smart gal though, and he was quite certain she wouldn't get upset by this. But you never knew...

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread