lost in the sound of separation
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/02.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

He wanted to interrupt her, to tell her that it was alright, that he should have been there to help her, but he knew she had to have a reason to feel that way and he remained silent, matching her unwavering gaze and listening intently to her words. As she continued with her explanation, he found himself pulling his ears back and a frown worming its way onto his features. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he couldn’t find the words.

She had done this to herself. He was still trying to process all that she had told him, forming the images in his mind. He wanted to rationalize her behavior, still finding it hard to believe despite the facts staring him right in the face. Savina would never lie to him, though. Ehno remembered Savina telling him about her attack on Serge, but he never faulted her for it. Ehno knew he would have acted the same in that situation, so he did not think her actions strange at the time. But now that he thought about it, he found it a little surprising. His sister was usually so good natured and calm, and it was hard to believe she would do such a thing. But everyone, no matter how peaceful, will strike back when provoked. His attempt at rationalizing told him that this must have been the case with Serge.

He wanted to say this was the case now with her fight with the Inferni member. But unlike the situation in Italy, where Serge had been right there, a constant antagonizing force in their lives, this time Savina had to go out searching for the fight. Something had made her loose control. Why? he wanted to ask. Why would she go and do such a thing. But she said it herself. In those situations, she had lost control. Ehno couldn’t imagine her flying into an uncontrollable frenzy. He didn’t want to.

“How come you never told me about this before?” The words were out before he could stop them, and he immediately regretted the slight forcefulness that lay behind them. “I could have helped you…” he added a moment later, his words now softer, laced with his care. He didn’t know what else to say, what he should do.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread