You Tell Me
[html]

Words: 300+

"Alexey... That's such a pretty name," Coli sighed with a touch of envy. Her own name wasn't bad, but she lamented the fact that she hadn't been given a real surname. Not Sadira, not Soul, but the made-up one, 'Haki'. That way, nobody knew where she came from. Even her mother had been 'Jolie', but since her dam had passed away with all her littermates, they had never met. Perhaps she worried too much about unimportant things, but she just wanted to be normal again, and it really felt like nothing could fix the gaping hole inside her...
Alexey was very friendly, though, and what was more, the fellow Dahlian wasn't an intimidating figure like all the others she'd met so far. She shyly brushed the long hair from her face, letting her blue eyes shine freely. "And... you're the Caregiver? Does that mean... you get to look after the pups?"

Oh, could this new face give her information about her new brothers? She knew there were two boys, but still, she hadn't even heard their names. She couldn't go near the cabin, not with Svara and Firefly and Haku all hating her as they did. Maybe... Maybe if Alexey didn't mind... "Maybe... sometime I could see them with you?" She shuffled her footpaws with embarrassment, looking down at the snow powdering atop them. 'Caregiver' sounded like a wonderful co-rank. It... wasn't something Coli deserved, though.

Haku.
She said his name so easily, Alexey did. She couldn't help but flinch at the word, though. Coli let her head hang, mumbling, "N-no... I'm not his sister." She hated to correct the older girl, but she couldn't let the lie remain between them. The truth would come out easily, what with the uproar her re-appearance had caused in the pack. Losing the nerve to admit what she considered a terrible truth, the chocolate-and-cream femme wrung her hands, falling silent.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread