You Tell Me
[html]

Words: 400+

Coli squeaked in surprise, an embarrassed flush creeping up her countenance. "Al-Alexey, don't be ridiculous! I'm not pretty at all!" She waved her hand dismissively, distressed by the direct observation. She was often grateful for the screen of long hair that could hide her from the world when she no longer wished to see it; it took a conscious effort to reveal herself, so to speak. The fragile soul would take a long time to mend... but a good friend could do wonders.
Coli was glad for the quick subject change - jumping back to the topic of her newborn brothers. Her heart fluttered with excitement at the thought of meeting them for the first time, and she let her hands clasp together anxiously, elated by Alexey's thoughtful invitation. "You... you wouldn't mind? And, and, w-will the parents be home? They won't want to see me, you know, and I don't want to get you in trouble..." She did not know how either of the mated pair had been handling the new family - Firefly seemed like the sort of wolf that would want to get out of the house as soon as she could, stretch her legs and enjoy the freedom from her big pregnant belly. Coli felt a pang of jealousy, considering that her Sadira relative was several moons younger than her, and already blessed with children. They were Haku's children, though; nothing to be jealous of. She had come close to bearing that particular blessing herself...

As Alexey's smile faded and she guessed correctly, Coli nodded numbly. She had to explain that relationship so many times in the past few days, and it only made her feel worse and worse about the situation she was in. Any day now, Haku would fly down on her from above and force her to leave, or hurt her again. She hadn't the nerve to confront him - only to let her best friend Cercelee know why she had been missing for a whole year. "We're... not on speaking terms?" she whispered, smiling bitterly at the understatement. "I only just met his mate, but she hated me on sight, so... I haven't gotten to see my new brothers. I don't even know what they look like, what their names are. And, really, should I see them? If my father disowned me, they're not really my siblings, are they?" She kicked a bit of snow with her footpaw, staring unhappily down at the ground.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread