Pleads and Postcards
ooc: sorry for the delay!
+500

ic:

With the moon a bright slit against the darkness of the night, Moose headed off in search of... well, he wasn't quite sure. For the short time that he had been in Crimson Dream's pack, he had been content, but something about tonight was different. He wasn't content to merely enjoy the safety and security of his nice cozy den in the cave. Tonight he had fallen into his old ways of sorts. Restlessness and sleeplessness.

He couldn't help but think that Sirce led him here. It was exactly the type of place they had always discussed; but still, Moose couldn't allow himself total happiness. He felt guilty for enjoying it, and had thus far forced himself into hermitude. However, determined to change it soon, he decided to explore the lands outside his pack's boundary.

The words of Savina still in his ears, he knew better than to cross to another pack's domain and start trouble. HE was turning over a new leaf after all. With the warning fresh in his mind, the grey wolf had stuck his nose to the trail and begun following game smells into the neutral territory.

Even with his stocky frame, he moved lithe as any of his kind through the underbrush. A owl hooted in the distance as he moved deeper into the area known as the trenches. His mottled hues allowing him to meld with the shadow covered forest only made him appear as a blurry mass on the moon lit snow. A scent reached his nares as he crested a hill, causing him to pause, ears perked, one paw still in the air. It wasn't a familiar scent, yet he could tell it was one of his new family.

Should I continue on? This new wolf would most likely not know him, and with his battlescarred appearance, suddenly showing up in front of unknown wolves wasn't always the best decision. I've got to meet them all sooner or later... with a slightly reluctant thought about the ordeal, he found that he was actually excited and nervous. With an additional sniff of the air, he began heading towards the source of the scent--a tall birch tree. SOmewhere in the shadows was a female, he could tell by her smell. I seem to have stumbled upon a male's dream pack... I've not seen a male yet. He knew his thoughts to be naive... there had to be males in the pack, but even with his thoughts of Sirce fresh in his mind he couldn't totally shake his feral male nature.

While he couldn't shake it, he could keep it in check. Choosing a slightly noisier path towards the tree, he neared it from upwind, making sure the other wolf knew of his presence. Moose drew a deep breath as he drew level with the birch. "Gud e'en ta ye marm." He bowed gracefully and smiled at the femme. Her blue eyes shown in the darkness, but he was unsure of her rank. Raising from his bow, he kept his head lowered slightly, aware that he was the bottom of the pecking order... something quite new to him.

Messages In This Thread