I recall the push more than the fall
[html]

He wondered why she needed him to be her hero. Lubomir certainly did not feel like one. To him, helping her overcome the fear and monster inside had been almost a duty. In part it was a duty to himself, so he could make sure that no one ever had to deal with that kind of fear again. But most of all it was a duty to Skoll and to the memory of the warrior who had taught him the basics of self-control. The grey male had to think sometimes: how many wolves in these lands were like him and Savina? How many simply accepted their darker sides and never fought them? Indeed, how many fought, how many won or lost? There was probably no way of knowing, as no one would willingly come forward and acknowledge the monster within. He pulled himself out of his reverie and smiled at Savina. Fear would only feed it further. Caution, as you point out, is the best course of action. Perhaps, in time, you will learn to release as much of its power as you need. But that is something you must decide for yourself. No one else can do it for you. The prospect of another language could only add to his joy. He didn't really know if she could learn Polish, harsh language that it was. Polish. On the maps of the humans, my pack was located in Poland, though we called it the Old Country. I'm not sure why, myself, except that wolves there seemed more conventional. The lack of desire to even accept their biped form was a hint, but houses built there were torn down and no wolf was taught how to read or write.

Lubomir did not question her further. She had her reasons and it certainly was not pride alone. He wondered what status she held in the pack and how it would be affected if she were seen with a stranger. He doubted Dahlia would have too much of a problem, after all he had invited Ember into the lands. She had family there, though, so maybe that played a role in the lenient rules. I understand, my lady. Lubomir smiled again. Truly he enjoyed her company.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread