gravity rides everything - p leland
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Leland shot off a question that hit Lannen in a place that stung. He felt like clenching his teeth together, but refrained. He figured it was just about time to get over himself. Life happened, and he knew that it wouldn't always be roses. Still, he didn't like to think back too far. His life had been far from tragic. The only bitterness he had really ever experienced had been of his own making, his own failures. Still, it was hard to swallow. But he figured he'd better learn now. It wouldn't get any easier to deal if he clung to it like a child.

"I don't mind." Lie. He kept his tone light, though some of the lilt had left it. "I was too dominant to stay in my pack. It was either me, or my best friend. I hit the road." There it was. Nice and condensed, the reader's digest version. It seemed so easy to say. It almost seemed too easy to sum it all up. But he had just laid it out. Maybe he was just complicating things for himself. It wasn't something he was proud of, or something he wanted to think about.

He almost drooped with relief when the topic of conversation turned to women. Again, women were not something Lannen could profess to understand, but he enjoyed them immensely. All kinds of women, any kind of woman. "I'm just keeping my options open right now. Now is it one, or two, that have got you all twisted up?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread