A hunting we will go
[html]

Edited!
Word count: 635

Dawali interpreted, and assumed, everything in the mix's behavior to be positive and glad, as one would when meeting a friend. The male could sometimes be quite oblivious to signs in others that might reveal their true feelings - one could say that Dawali Amara was kind to a fault, and quite credulous. The wagging tail behind Leland was more than enough to tell the red wolf male that this occasion was nothing more than "catching up". The mix in front of him spoke with an accent which continued to please Dawali every time he heard it, despite its oddities and strange shortening of words. As his feet landed on the ground, after traversing the three steps that led to the door of his hut, he planted his behind on the top step - letting it be his chair. Sitting down like this was much more comfortable, and he put his elbows on his knees and let the lower parts of his arms point inwards, so the hands dangled in the space between his knees, nearly meeting but just not. Curious, he studied the form of his friend - shifted, as he was. The male had been quite sceptical to this when first confronted with the idea, or so he had seemed to Dawali, and yet here he was on two legs. Astonishing! He was glad that the mix had decided to embrace this form also - not only was it useful fr the pack as so many chores and doings required hands, but it also made him fit in better. Dawali felt it was strange when he looked around and saw (almost) only non-shifted tribesmembers - a stark contrast to the times of the past, when the tribe consisted mostly of members who were heavily bound by the traditions of their people. Thus he was glad, and surprised at this change in his friend. As yellow eyes twinkled in his direction, the red tail curled up around his bum as he made himself comfortable, and while doing so he also replied to the question Leland gave him. I'm fine, thank you! Looking forward to spring now, I'm pretty tired of all this snow, to be honest. And you? I see you've moved on to a wholly different form of living, there, how does it suit you?

Leland cleared his throat as if he had some important business on his chest, and once it was revealed Dawali smiled - quite satisfied. He was glad that one member, so new as he was, had gone that far already. Some strangers who were included in the tribe by marriage spent years even, on just deciding whether they wanted to know their guide at all, as they found the whole deal very strange, and some even fount it frightening. The ones that grew up with it in the tribe saw it as the most natural thing in the world, and most kids couldn't wait 'till they were grown enough to be let on to their journey. Once the male in addition revealed the species of his guide, Dawali let free a chuckle that fought for freedom from the confinement of his throat. A kitten, eh? Pixie? Well now, if that's not going to be a hit with the ladies then I don't know what will! The red wolf winked and his ears and tail moved a little bit before resuming their positions, as if mirroring the playfulness of Dawali's mind as he spoke. I'm glad to hear you have met her, though. Now you are whole, too. Dawali was a spiritual man, as he ought to be with his position within the tribe. Leland had yet to meet the spiritual Dawali, but with the spring season coming up the new members would all have an eye-opener, he suspected.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]

Messages In This Thread