never strain, never break
[html]
She liked that way of thinking, to believe that they were apart of something great. Or even to be apart of something small that was apart of something much bigger left anyone with a sense of accomplishment. They played their parts, they acted a scene, they did what they had to do with the tools they were given to work with. “Well, for what it's worth, I've sure I've met crazier,” she mentioned with a laugh, “but I honestly don't think that's a crazy thought at all.” Maybe it was just from hearing Gabriel talk about what he believed in that made her feel that way, but she had often wanted something more to believe in.

“Prediction has never been our thing anyway, otherwise I think we would have broken the cycles that we seemingly live in.” She tilted her head a little to the side. “Though I wonder what Fate has in store for you next,” she mused, “because you've certainly been through a lot already.” They could never know how the world would end or how they would certainly end, but science had taught her that they would forever be a continuous cycle of matter. They'd never be gone physically because their bodies would become the matter of something else, from plant to food to whatever. The only thing that would technically be gone would be the life that they had lived, which to her always seemed so empty. So final.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread