Dreaming up a memory
[html]

500+

The black, woad marked warrior listened to her packmate and heard clearly his uncertainty. The female was unsure as well, for she had only just met him. She had taken in the subtleties that she could, but that alone could tell her only so much. She had noted his politeness, his respect, his kindness—at least that which she saw in his eyes. But these were only what she could gather in the first few moments that they had shared. Based on these alone, she could not aid in much. The black fae wished that she had known the male early on when he had first joined. Perhaps she would have been able to help him make such a decision. But merely because she did not know him did not mean that she could not help. She would merely have to take a direct route.

"The Scouts and Hunters would be aided by your contribution, there is no doubt. Haku is the Head Scout, and Firefly is one of his scouts. Slay is the Head Hunter, and he has no others." Sharing this information was important, she thought, because she had learned that for some, working with certain personalities was impossible. She was not sure who Ril’o had met, and she was not sure who he had found tolerable or intolerable, and so the female thought it appropriate to let him know. Perhaps this would be helpful to him. Of the three co-ranks that he had listed, the two she had described were currently the most in need for, as she had said before, the pack was growing. But then, one could never be too sure when conflicts would arise that would require martial skills.

"Dahlia has no other Warriors save for myself," the alto melody continued. "Wolves are built to kill, but not all minds are made for it." She paused momentarily to turn her eyes upon the green-eyed wolf. "I have no doubt that you would be able to gain the skills necessary to become a good warrior," she began, assuring him that she was not insulting his physical prowess (for she had noticed, too, that males tended to be touchy concerning such things), "but I wonder if you would have it in you to kill another soul." Perhaps, if that creature had done wrong, he would not be troubled by such a thing. But there were those who refused to do so, and she wanted to remind the golden male that war was not to be taken light hearted. While war was her passion, it was not for everyone.

"But any of these professions would be greatly aiding the pack." She assured him with certainty. "If you are curious as to what warriors in particular do, a little spar with me could remedy that." The woad warrior smiled, and the kill feather twisted in the wind. "But I cannot show you what it is like to kill another—if you do not know already." Unfortunately, because there was no current conflict, she could not let him experience such a kill if he would wish it. But perhaps that was not a necessity for the male.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread