empty walls
[html]

No worries Big GrinBig Grin

She had thought about visiting Storm a few times, to see how Iskata was doing...but had always chickened out. She'd heard that Iskata'd had pups with the alpha there, Phoenix, one of her father Physe's old friends. Physe had lived in Storm before, too, once...he'd had some sort of a relationship with the ex-alpha there, Gibraltar. Ever since Physe had died she hadn't really had a reason for going up there. Every time she did she expected him to still be there, waiting for her at the borders.

Naniko came out of her thoughts abruptly, looking down at the young Sadira boy. "Oh, no, it's okay! I don't mind at all. It's been a while since I've seen another Sadira; I was one for a little while. People used to tell me that I looked exactly like Mom-Iska, though we weren't exactly related by blood." She smiled, hefting her pack back up onto her shoulders. "Come on in--family's welcomed here any time. If anybody gives you trouble for coming over here, tell them that you know Naniko."

She motioned for him to follow, turning to start into the fog. "Yes--the fog comes from the lake. Whether it's hot or cold outside, there always seems to be some fog hanging around. Especially at an early time like this. There isn't any fog in Storm? I've only been there a couple of times."

Naniko had a habit of speaking to youngsters like they were adults. She could remember being that little, and having people speak to her like she was a baby...she'd hated that. Iskata had always spoken to her like an adult.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread