Simple Design
[html]
He nodded at her comments about the human-made objects, showing his agreement. His gaze followed hers to the simple sun-faded equipment, scrutinizing the various shapes in order to gain some idea of what they could be for. This area was obviously different from the rest of the city, with it’s caged in woods and colorful equipment. Perhaps some place to escape daily life in the concrete jungle, a place to relax. It was the only explanation he could think of, considering the differences. There didn’t seem to be any evidence of violence—except that of time, weighing down on the unused objects.

“Back where I came from, there were a few wolves that once lived like humans; wearing clothes, building shelters and all that. Even they didn’t completely understand humans, though.” It was a wonder that the humans once managed to be the prominent species on the planet with all their mysterious quirks. Though, their sudden disappearance proved that not all of their eccentric traits were good—not that Kieran minded. He was told that the rise of the Luperci was brought on by the humans’ actions. He couldn’t imagine another way of life.

He returned his gaze to the female when she turned to face him again, completely missing her lapse in confidence. To him, she seemed very independent, especially if she was living here on her own as he suspected. He nodded once again at her words, recalling his new home in his mind. “I live in the pack on the mountain north of here, called Jaded Shadows. It’s a bit snowy and cold, this time of year, but during the warmer months the area’s a lively green. It’s quite beautiful.” He paused, remembering how the territory appeared when he first arrived there. “Can’t say I’ve met a wolf I didn’t like there, either.”

The mountain pack was a beautiful place, and each wolf he had met there so far had been friendly and sociable. The dark-furred wolf was glad he decided to join their ranks. He looked at the peculiar wolf before him, suddenly curious to learn a bit about her. After all, he had shared a bit about where he lived, now it was her turn. “What about you? I take it you live somewhere around here, in the city. Are you by yourself? No pack?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread