Bartering for the life of another
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Word Count: 343

Iskata scoffed at his words, although they were meant as a genuine warning. Often Bella had acted very nervously even at himself when in the four-legged form, breathing in a threatening way and stomping her front feet, and there was nothing but concern that had made him warn her. His head moved backwards slightly, indicating surprise at the rough and inconsiderate sound that came from her mouth, and his ears flickered a few times before he looked to the matriarch. His eyes dodged back and forth a few times, revealing his insecurity, before he finally let it go. If she didn't want anything to do with him, she may. Obviously she didn't heed his warning anyway, as she continued her encounter with the horse, which at first was nervous but took to exploring her eventually. At least Iskata seemed to know what she was doing.

Dawali had half-expected the limited use of the brought along items, although he was somewhat disappointed that even the beads were not desired, as the number of female members of the pack was not high. Dawali let a chuckle escape his throat at knowing this, thinking the matriarch was lucky; less women were less hormones, and less hormones was less trouble. At least in his world, anyway. Glancing at Iskata, however, he did not say a word, knowing very well it would be asking for trouble. When the male in front of him inquired how many horses he had, Dawali became uncertain, however. He wasn't entirely sure how many they had, but it was for the two mothers and their foals he had come now. If Jefferson wanted a horse in return for this favor he'd have to wait until they were strong enough. "I'm not entirely certain. We have several horses that have specific owners, and then there are the ones everyone cares for, like Bella. Most of our horses are fine, and can stand a little lack of food, although we have two unexpected foals and their mothers, who cannot, which in turn brings me here."

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread