Joining a pack
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Henratha Gyrkin, eh? Not anyone he'd had the fortune of crossing paths with before. He seemed to be an upright sort of fellow, too - just the sort of comrade the pack could use right about now. Slay nodded appreciatively as Rath made the effort to make eye contact, letting his white-tipped ears fall back to a casual angle as he listened attentively to the standing male.

"Well then, Rath, it seems as though your wandering days have come to an end. This place is a great one to settle down... Our packlands encompass a stretch of the coastline, a copse of forest, wide fields, and two old human towns, Berwick and Wolfville. There's all different kinds of prey, and all manner of wolves who call it home." Slay waggled his eyebrows enticingly, letting a whiskery grin spread on his muzzle. He was one of the founding members of Dahlia de Mai, when almost a full year ago he had stumbled into the field of flowers, meeting Cercelee and Colibri Soul. It was strangely poetic for him to be the one welcoming in a wayfarer, when he had been the stray in this very spot, so long ago. When the snows melted... it would once again look like a paradise.

"You would do well to seek out our Mew Sadira," he added offhandedly. "She might have the tools you seek. As I understand it, she carved her own guitar." The big arctic male watched bemusedly as Rath struggled to free his thick pelt of the ice crystals that plagued him. "Heheh, and don't think I don't know about having frozen fur. Why, just last month I fell through the ice atop the frozen sea -- my whole pelt was frozen solid! I had to be taken to the clinic and be buried beneath blankets just to thaw out..." He shook his head, grumbling about the accidental incident. If Hanna hadn't come along, he and Ril'o both would have been in pretty big trouble, due to the frigid cold. It was a welcome relief that March seemed to be lessening its icy grip on their coastline.

Oh, right. "Ah, there's something I should warn you though, mate -- you're not from here, like I was, so you probably don't know. Ever heard of the coyote pack, Inferni? Steer clear of 'em at all costs. We lost several of our wolves to them. Coyotes hate wolves, especially our pack since our borders are near." His pale eyes darkened momentarily. Last summer there had been a pack war... He had refused to fight, and as a result, Cercelee was injured. He thought it only fair to warn Rath that not all was perfect in this peaceful pack.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread