when it rains
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/08.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She raised her hands to slowly wring out her hair. What was she even doing out here? She knew she should be back at home, snuggling with Val in the warmth of their den. But this was one of the rare occasions that Ryan had some time to herself, and she felt the need to spend it away from the little girl. She needed time just to sit back and think. She needed time just to breathe.

She inhaled: filling her lungs, calming her nerves. Yet, after a moment's delay, found that the air was tainted with the scent of someone nearby. How she hadn’t caught the sounds of his paws squishing in the moist ground, she didn’t know. Maybe she had let herself fall too far from reality. She turned, crimson eyes falling on the one person she needed to see, yet wished would never turn up. And then she let out an audible sigh, because she knew what she was going to have to do now. It just scared her to see if Gabriel’s predictions would be correct. (At least she hadn’t encountered him with the little girl by her side).

"April showers bring May flowers," she spoke softly, "though I’m not sure what March rain means." She studied his face for a moment, then his frame, finding the similarities that transferred from him to her daughter. Did he remember her? Did he remember that night? She swallowed the air in her mouth, looking from her own hands back towards Hybrid. "I," she started, "have something you might be interested to hear." Panic flared in her stomach, rising in her throat. Now, or never. Now or never.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread