thread title missing
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix had killed before and understood that occasionally, it was necessary. Niyol didn't quite possess the cool sort of calm that she and her mother held in battle, and she could still picture him frozen in fear as a nameless stranger with a dark face and vacant eyes lunged for his throat. She knew that she was the only reason her brother survived the attack, and she didn't regret it. Later, two more lives were claimed by her teeth and claws. It didn't mean that she particularly enjoyed it, however. No; all of these killings were arguably justifiable and done in the name of defence. The girl with strange eyes was much more content to be a hippie of sorts, one that promoted careful care of the earth and would much rather kick back and smoke a bowl than kick some ignorant bastard in the face. Really, it was unfortunate to her that the greenhouse wasn't located somewhere more scenic--but building one from the ground up elsewhere would take aeons. Simply repairing one was taking long enough.
As she had been on the lookout for Skoll for some time now, it did not take her long to notice his scent nearby. Immediately she set off to investigate, and the two were drawn together at the intersection of two dead streets with dead, meaningless names. Her ear flicked at the way he addressed her--she could remember him calling her that before, long ago. She supposed it was appropriate, even though the ways were more subtle than they might be for other children raised at that time and place. She certainly wasn't shell-shocked, and she had certainly managed to find her own (meandering) direction in life. To her, it didn't suggest violence and hatred; instead, it implied a tragic sort of resigned cynicism and down-to-earth perspective.
She made an effort now to cast aside thoughts of her glum past and focus on the present. Sometimes, that was the best that she could do. "Busy," she told him, although her tone hinted that this was a good thing. "I've cleaned up the greenhouse a lot," she elaborated. "Now all that's left to do is fix the broken glass, and I've already found the means to do so... I just haven't managed to get the furnace I found to the proper location." This was where he would come in, but she waited to hear his thoughts before asking for help. "How about you, Skoll? Staying out of trouble?" She couldn't decide whether her asking him such a question was ironic or not.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread