here in my quiet satellite
[html]

Geneva bit her lip to hide the bright smile that tried to fight its way on to her face. She found that she couldn't find the will to even downsize the smile. Her lips curved up, but she kept her pearly whites under lock. Jefferson's interest in her was comical in a way, as he pretended that what she did or said wasn't of consequence. But she felt, that on some level, she had gotten through to the one-eyed idiot. It seemed impossible, but she saw it bit by bit in the way his eye flashed at her - still electric, and intense. But instead of feeling as though she were in the middle of a thunder storm, in danger of being struck by lightning. There were small things, in the softer sounds of his voice when he spoke to her, and in the lack of tenseness in his shoulders, that let her know that he wasn't as guarded.

She laced her fingers together, resting them on the ground to keep her hands busy. The fire had served to warm her now, and although the floor was still wet around her, she no longer felt the bite of cold that had sunk into her skin. She felt as though firelight had settled just below her skin, giving her a sense of security and comfort. The gentle flicker of light played against them, casting shadows across the Patriarch's face as his eye flashed from the darkness, bright as ever. She listened to the crackling of the log couple with the slight creak as the male leaned back in the rocking chair, returning his eye to whatever page he had last read.

"I've written about you since the day I met you," she said, not turning her eyes from his face, though she felt embarrassed for some reason. "Not everything in detail, but some things I've thought and felt." She cleared her throat, unlacing her fingers to touch the edge of a page gently, self consciously. "It helps me to sort through things, when I look back. It helps me to remember, and to decide." She smirked at him suddenly, "You're bad enough without any help," she said wryly, teasing him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread