Ocean and Atlantic; Joining
[html]
style="border-left:1px #808080 solid; border-top:0px #808080 solid; border-right:1px #808080 solid; border-bottom:1px #808080 solid;"

bgcolor="#170226">

we launch ourselves into the bright::in character

She grinned as Deirdre told her that everyone had to start somewhere. The simple fact that she's started so far away and journeyed so long to join a pack practically on the other side of the world amused her. But obviously, she had a pretty shit sense of humour. Nocht was okay with that. She nodded again slightly, listening animatedly as the white wolf assured her of forthcoming good cheer and asked her what she could offer to her new pack. And at the question concerning her piercing her hand came up to her face, hyperaware of the ivory through her septum and slightly embarrassed even though she tried not to show it. She brushed one of the points with her finger, making sure it was still where it was supposed to be. She shrugged and smiled as she began to talk. "Naw, I don't mind you askin'. Me nose is pierced. That means I have a hole through it and then the jewellery," She flipped the pincer through her nose demonstratively, up and then down again. "goes through the hole and then sits in place." Nocht gave another one shouldered shrug, self consciously, tipping her head to the side slightly and grinning in self depreciation. "It's like a comin' of age thing where I come from." She added, feeling like she should explain.

She then decided to stop nattering on about her piercing and pay attention to the important part of the question; her skills. "Uhm, I can fish. And pierce to some degree." She pointed at her nose. "But I still have a lot to learn." She wracked her brain for what other useful things she could do, nibbling at the inside of her cheeks. "I can sail and read a fair bit and I'm fairly good when it comes to building or most stuff to do with me hands, although I'm not sure how useful the last bit'll be." She nodded, signalling the end of her list. "I was never formally apprenticed at home, but I try to pitch in and lend a hand with what I can." Although she did fail to mention her rather short attention span when it came to the aforementioned lending a hand. She had settled down a fair bit though over the last few months, Nocht reflected, which was the reason for her setting out in the first place. The confines of the boat while tempers grew frayed had necessitated it, even though she had still caused more than a few disagreements. But as time had passed she had settled down more and learned the ropes of life on the high seas. She hadn't stepped off the boat the same wolf who stepped on, even though she didn't even fully recognise her own growth yet. Which wasn't to say that she didn't still have a long way to go, however.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread