Innocence left behind
[html]

His blue eyes had gone cold as he'd looked at her. She swallowed, but lifted her chin, her body going tense. Her voice stayed level as she replied to his angry words. "You brought us here so she would be safe. How safe could she really have been with Firefly around? Look what happened with Conor and Emwe, and those were her own pups. What would she have done with the pup belonging to a woman she loathed? you are right, i sent her away and I didn't let you say goodbye. That was wrong of me, and I don't expect your forgiveness for it. But you promised her safety, and then delivered her right onto trouble's doorstep."
Willow had told her once that she'd met Firefly, that Coli and Svara had argued while Willow stood by, listening. Deuce knew that it was only a matter of time before Firefly would have taken out her anger at Deuce on anything that came by. It was only a hunch, but Deuce figured that perhaps Firefly had hidden Emwe and Conor because of Deuce and Willow's presence in the lands. Because Deuce was 'the other woman', and Haku had openly adknowledged his extramarital affairs by bringing the girl and her mtoher home with him. Deuce would never voice her suspicions, but there they were, nonetheless.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread