I Carry the Prince in My Arms
[html]

Each note was taken in blood, as Gabriel intended to see all too soon. His mouth was open, swallowing the cold air and washing the taste of iron from it, but he could not forget. Both of his children had been made to suffer, and even now, even with the fury of a father demanding retribution, he knew that this was God’s Will. Through suffering came enlightenment. Gabriel had been taught this, and he knew this as well as he could still feel the holy fire that drove the stigmata through his palm.
     Her face met his, and he was struck for a moment by her peculiar eyes, but the words meant more. The Aquila’s teeth flashed in the darkness, but he turned from her and moved up another shallow slope. “In here.” While his den was no longer full of family members, it was large enough to boast such. Soft grass, animal pelts, and numerous odds and ends softened the cave’s appearance. “Put him down there,” he motioned to the pile, but continued moving. Scarred hands dug through a pile, tossing to the side books, drawings, and eventually setting on ragged bandages. He could not treat the boy completely, but he could do this until his sister saw to him.
     Turning, the Aquila eyed the girl and frowned, eyes darkening at her words. “I think you need to explain what’s going on.” Not a question, but a demand. He moved to his son’s side and began to gingerly test his side.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread