I Carry the Prince in My Arms
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Cwmfen paused momentarily as the male turned, his golden eyes holding her gaze for a moment before flashing his teeth and turning away. The warrior began to move once more, pushing her body into motion. She could not deny that the boy’s weight grew heavy in her arms. But she was accustom to working through such things and was able to endure far longer than her body would have liked. The black fae was sure that she would begin to feel it most keenly within the shoulder that had been torn by Hybrid, but for now it could easily be ignored. And so she followed him in silence once more, trotting up the hill as the dog-like male led her to a cave. Pausing upon the threshold, she hesitated, memories of her childhood flitting through her as the wings of bats move through the nighttime air. Her mind, with marginal difficulty, pushed these thoughts away that so easily surfaced with the knowledge of her father’s presence. The woad warrior passed into the cave.

The air was thick with the male’s scent. White orbs flickered about, drinking in the details of this place in which she stood. It was quite different from the cave in which her childhood was spent if only because there were things besides herself that filled the dark space. It was almost welcoming if she disregarded the fact that this home was the home of a stranger from a rival clan. Suddenly, the male was ordering her, and she was drawn away from the simple scene. Swiftly, the warrior moved to the pile having been indicated. Kneeling with great care (for herself but especially for the boy within her arms), she traded the boy, offering him to that pile of grasses and pelts. Ezekiel was lain upon his side where the female believed the damage was less. Before she stepped back to allow the male to tend to him, Cwmfen touched his ear in a curious manner; the affection she felt for the boy, however, was not lost.

The white orbs lifted as the male spoke. She stood there for a moment in silence, unwilling to sit unbidden in this strange place. "My father...I left my homelands because of him. I thought I thought that I was safe from him, that I had lost him when I had crossed the lands of ice." The arctic was the place of which she spoke, but she knew not the name of that land. "He must have smelled me on Ezekiel," the alto melody continued, but it was obvious that she was unsure of what had moved the crow wolf to attack. "I did not intend for this to happen," the warrior assured, and there was a certain amount of sadness in her voice. And then she fell silent, quite aware that the male could take it upon himself to deal with her. She could have continued, but she would not have known that Ezekiel had not informed his clanmembers of their regular meets.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread