Bartering from Berowick
[html]
mall-caps;">

Hope you're okay now. Smile Caption taken from dictionary.die.net.

He took in the appearance of the elder wolf and sat down reflexively. Sitting was a far less threatening stance and although he showed no aggression often those that still remained in four-legged form appreciated the show. It happened without thought and after all his legs were tired from walking. Seated he adjusted his vest and crossed his furred arms, glancing at the book as the other wolf explained it. At mention of not being able to read the captions well Sedition perked up his attention slightly. The other named himself as Skoll and Sedition's tail wagged gently at the new acquaintance. Knowing names were always important, even if the Wick was rather lax about remembering them. It normally took a good conversation, an unusual conversation or something memorable for him to truly remember. After all scent, appearance and ranking were often important in Sedition's mind. He was still a wild animal.

Twitching his ears he tipped his head slightly, reaching a paw out to the book. "May I?” Pointing to the hydra he read out the caption, "From Greek Mythology. A monster with nine heads; when struck off each head was replaced by two new ones. The hydra was slain by Hercules." His clawed finger had traced the words as he read them, pointing out the little marks that humans had called 'punctuation.' When he finished the finger went up to trace the heads of the beast. It was a horrible-looking creature and one that although Sedition highly doubted even existed, one that he didn't want to meet. "Name's Sedition Wick from Jaded Shadows. My family lives Southwest of here, all the pups are taught reading at an early age. I can help you with the book if you'd like." He didn't want to impose though so he wouldn't be offended if the other told him to bugger off.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread