Black as Sin
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
ooc:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay was, at the moment, taking one of his daily naps. He found that if he had a routine - sleep after each meal - that his random narcoleptic attacks were less frequent. He supposed it was a good thing that the pups were old enough to wander by themselves, because if they needed constant supervision, he would not be able to offer them that. The big male stirred slightly in his sleep, white-tipped ears twitching as he silently dreamt of nothingness. Suddenly the loud German yelp cut through his slumber, sending the arctic wolf bolt upright. "Wha?! Whozzat...? Where are you...?" he slurred, still dizzied from his interrupted sleep. Realizing one of the children must have hurt themselves, he dashed from the creaky mattress he had been resting upon, four paws skidding across the stone floor until he was facing the fireplace.

"Avarice de Sadira! Get outta there!" he snarled, a little more grumpily than he had intended. To be fair, the soot completely masked her markings, but... it had to be Avarice. It was always Avarice. The ancient ashes were spilling out onto the floor, making a mess - how was he supposed to clean that up? He did not shift, so he could not use a broom or dustpan. Actually, he did not know what those were at all. Still, he knew how to clean Avarice. "I taught Roulette how to swim in the ocean; I guess you're going for a dip in the creek. Come on, you..." Slay was well aware that the children did not understand most of the things he muttered to himself, but he didn't know exactly how much they did comprehend. There were basic terms, though, that they had been clear to teach right away, and "Come" was one of them. Whether or not the rebellious youngster would listen, well, that was another story.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread