The Night Grows Quiet
[html]

She jumped away from him and he felt her fear fill the room. The man cringed at her reaction, closing his eyes as he saw her ears fall back. Of course. What had he expected? He held the same eyes as her terrible father. She had every reason to be afraid of such orbs. It was for this reason that he hid them. People were afraid of him, and not the ones he wanted to strike fear into. Before he had started tying the cloth around his head he had been bullied and hunted down. Woman gave him frightened looks and children tucked their tails at the sight of him. The first time they had met he had told her that the cloth was more fitting to him than what lay beneath it. Would she remember those words? Or had everything he thought he might have gained just come undone?

But then suddenly she returned to the bedside and he no longer could smell and feel the fear permeate the room. He looked back up at her and felt something akin to relief. He wanted her to understand that he was not what he appeared. That that was why he hid it behind the clothes. It was to protect innocents from the fear of him. As well as protecting himself. As her hand touched his it felt warm. The touch was so delicate and light. So unlike everything he was accustomed to. Onus was treading in territory that he had never ventured before. He was as ignorant to the feelings in his chest as he was to what was going on in Cwmfen's. She wasn't pure? The man wasn't entirely sure what she meant by that. "Almost no one is," he responded.

Onus swallowed as his dark gaze held her light. "You are...one of the only people who has ever cared about me. And...I do not know...how to..." Show you I care too, was that what he was trying to say? He didn't know. He was lost and blind in the dark right now, he didn't know where to step or what to do. He tried to convey through his gaze what his mouth and brain were having trouble with. Though all he might have been showing was how lost he was. He just wanted her to understand him. She had come closer than anyone ever had, and somehow he didn't want that to stop.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread