To sleep, perchance to dream
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
words: 400
ooc: If you don't mind my slow-ness, that would please me greatly! =^_^=

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

"I know so little about them as well," Slay admitted woefully, "but I would be happy to introduce you to them. Three sisters, two brothers." He let his ebony-daubed tail wave behind him, pleased that his friend would even consider paying a visit to his patchwork family. He wanted as much advice as he could garner about rearing pups, hoping that he would not lead them astray somehow, make them avoid authority and commitment as he so frequently did. Nearly five years old now, and still learning how to act like an adult. And Cwmfen was so wise beyond her years! He was certain with her patience that she could tame even the wildest of offspring. He didn't know that she had actually accepted that very task, trying to instill discipline in the wayward Svara Thames.

"Your raven," he said finally, pale eyes studying her blank ones.
"I've... seen you with him, for some time now. That's... it, right? Your Dream?" He had the unsettling feeling in his stomach that he was speaking about something taboo, something too personal to put into words. Perhaps it was his many superstitions, but it was the reason he had not asked since the first time he had seen the eerie avian. "Is it always a bird...?" There were other wolves he had met with feathered companions, and the bond was something to marvel at. Perhaps it was all some sort of spiritual enlightenment. He had never dreamed of animals other than wolves, and he had been told as a child that the wolves he saw in his slumber were ghosts of ancestors long-passed... That he bore the fur of the husky savior from generations ago, and thus was the link to their heritage itself. His father never bothered to sire another heir while Slay was around... It had been a foolish mistake, because Slay had rejected their tribe and its ways. He did not want an arranged mateship, especially not with his own cousin, and he could not bear to lead the doddering pack of xenophobes into another era of isolation. He had never really forgotten the old ways, though... and being around Cwmfen always brought up memories. He valued her stoic companionship, as much as it often unsettled him to think that there might be things beyond the world he saw around him. "My own Dreams have been plagued by the Dark..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread