it should have stayed unreal
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
Words: 358
ooc: Aww, Cat's so cute... =^^= I'm having a little trouble reading your tables in Firefox, though, all the fonts are huge...! Thought I should mention it. :3

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

The arctic wolf couldn't keep his smile from spreading as Catalyst stumbled through a full sentence, her light puppy voice coloured with her foreign accent. There was something painfully adorable about her broken English - an effervescent innocence that would fade so quickly as she and her siblings grew up. They might even forget parts of their German as they mastered the native tongue of this land, a sad truth. For now, caught between two worlds, they could happily tread in the middle. "You've got that right, Cat. Rabbit food's no good for us! Nein good..." He cocked his head rakishly, feeling clever for having caught a word for himself. Whenever the puppies squabbled over food or space, the first indignant squeal was always 'Nein!' He didn't know 'yes', but he was fairly certain that this one meant 'no'.

It felt like he had finally done something right when the snowy-white pup offered him a new word. He was being given permission to enter their world, in a sense; to partake in the private conversations that rattled by so quickly. "Hon... ig... bee. Hunnigbeen. Honey-bien. Eh, it's kind of a cute word," he admitted, struggling to say it with the same natural inflection Cat had. Slay had never really learned any other language, and his untrained tongue struggled to repeat the accent. The thought of actually learning German for real excited him, though. To be able to speak fluently to the family? That would be amazing!

Slay was just as worked up, or perhaps even more so, when Cat jumped up and down and chirped more fruit names. "Yes, yes, peaches! Oranges, blackberries! They're all fruit," he crowed, pale eyes bright with exhilaration. Silly, to get so riled up over the names of fruit, but a breakthrough was a breakthrough. His black tail swung wildly behind him as he tried to think of more names. "Is there other food you like? You can eat bugs, you know. Grasshoppers, ladybird beetles, honigbiene..." The phrase still felt strange on his tongue, but he smiled proudly at having finally pronounced it the same way she had. This was oddly fun!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread