Loneliness be over
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was strange, the way he felt around her. Never before had the closeness of another body comforted him so. Usually such notions repulsed him and he moved away. Partially an instinct of battle, especially against large opponents. In a situation such as that closeness could mean death. Usually the only time he felt at east being so close to another body was when his hands were wrapped about their throat and they were dying. Even though this was only the second time he had experienced the feelings that being so close to Cwmfen brought out, the man could understand why others craved such contact. Though this would not change his normal behavior. He would still shun such contact from anyone else. But with her, he never wanted space to penetrate between them.

Her hand on his chest sent a sort of tingle up his spine and he quietly squeezed her hand that lay in his. His heart beat more heavily in his chest, almost as if responding to the presence of her hand. At her query he shook his head. "No. Not safe yet. If I was hit there or my arm twisted the wrong way could be debilitating. The muscles are also stiff and out of shape." If being such a loner had taught him anything, it was to know his body better than most. He could easily tell when something was amiss or if some illness ran through it. Such knowledge was of a great advantage to someone of his profession. Knowing oneself and ones body completely was one of the best ways to overcome another.

Onus could tell that his answer had been a surprise to her. He couldn't blame her, it was almost a surprise to himself. His inability to do his work helped, he had nothing else to do. But he knew that was not truly the reason. It was because he had indeed missed her. Ever since she had left that morning a part of him had yearned to have her by his side again. He had wanted the warmth. He had wanted the way she made him feel back. At first he also had wondered if it had been his vulnerable physical and mental condition that had allowed that night to happen. His lingering feelings had more or less disproved that though. And now that they stood together again nothing had changed in the way he felt towards her. The man knew this was real. "It is no matter. You have your obligations." He understood that better than anyone.

A pup eater? Now Onus could honestly say he hadn't encountered one of those before. That was somewhat surprising. He had dealt with those who exploited pups, used them for sexual pleasure, tortured them just for the fun of it, killed them, but never had he heard of one that ate them. He couldn't help but be proud of her though. "I see." He pressed his nose to her forehead, as he had that night. "If you ever need assistance you can call me." She had made the same offer to him once, when they had first met. Now he made it to her, though for different reasons.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread