Loneliness be over
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... enban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

700+

The coyote’s gaze had noticed the book, and in turn the woman noticed that it was this that had caught his attention longest. For a moment the woman also watched it as if one might watch a prey animal; she could not read it, but there had been occasional images within the book. Many of them had reminded her of her own Caledonia, and she knew that it must discuss the aspects of her culture. At times she would simply stare at those pictures, remembering her mother, or what little she did remember of her. Graine, who had given to her the markings of woad upon her body, had been to Cwmfen the spirit of that land. Quietly, she looked up to Onus. "If you wish, I can lend you that book," the soft melody offered. "The leader of my pack gave that book to me as a gift, and though I cannot read it, the images were interesting." She could give the book to him later if he so desired; she kept it within the cave to keep it from being destroyed—such a gift must be preciously kept. And perhaps it would give her an excuse to go to the city to see him.

The black fae had thought that the cave would prove to be suitable and perhaps preferable to the masked coyote, as he was a creature who traveled also in the city’s nighttime world. But she had also not yet explored a great extent of these caves, and she thought, being a creature who lived with symbols, that the exploration of something unfamiliar was acutely appropriate, as both now explored these new emotions. Normally, Cwmfen would have kept to herself, would have kept to the solitude in which she lived. Yet, she wanted to share this with the man that stood before her. It would not be the martial world with which they were both familiar. Cwmfen smiled as he agreed, his gruff voice somehow softer. She let that sound fade into the silence of the cave, interrupted only by the rhythmic sigh of the sea. The woman liked to listen to that voice, so contrasting to her own. Even their eyes held the opposite shade, and such a thing had never been lost upon the warrior.

Silently, she turned to look into the darkness of the cave before leading him into it. As she walked, her claws occasionally clicked upon the surface. Suddenly she realized that, although they had not gone far within the network of underground tunnels, the sound of the ocean had ceased to be a presence. For a while, she walked in silence, falling back to walk abreast the coyote when the passages would allow them to do so. The soft sound of dripping irregularly broke the silence and occasionally she heard the sound of things—bats and mice, most likely, but soon that too disappeared. So far, the stone remained relatively dry. But the darkness was so complete that she could not see Onus beside her. Her progress slowed as she relied upon touch, for sound grew too confusing in the echoing caves. Suddenly, ahead, a filtered light lit the darkness, though she knew not from where the source came. While it had seemed like a great while, the woman did not think that more than five or ten minutes had passed.

She paused, turning back to Onus. It looked as if the woad warrior wished to speak, but for a moment she was silent. "I think," the alto melody said suddenly at length, her voice echoing against the walls of the rotunda in which they had entered. "I think that I had always been drawn to you—from the moment we met," she clarified quickly. For a moment she fell silent again, reaching out to grasp his had once more. Her gaze lingered upon their hands, as if she were too shy, unable to lift her gaze. "You can never truly know another until you fight them," the soft melody continued quietly. Then, with a great effort, that gaze was lifted to seek those covered eyes. There was so much danger within this man, this man who lived to kill those who created injustice, who killed them with his bare hands. And yet, were they so different...? She too killed, and she killed with her jaws or with a blow powerful enough to break the life within the body; occasionally a weapon was utilized. And yet what made her feel so different, so distanced from him? And yet...she was so greatly drawn to him. "I just wanted to let you know." Content, or perhaps afraid and embarrassed, she turned away as if to continue down the dark path ahead.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread