Walking with Strangers
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
i know, rite? Big Grin

Softly irritation crept up upon her. It seemed the female had mistook her point, took her as just being clever. Sabeen looked away and back, licked her split lips, waited for the response. It came. The woman lifted her shoulders in a shrug. 'Mm, yes, but do you perform background checks?' Anu's stupidity, as Sab perceived it, kept her from seeing the obvious truth. That all were the same. 'What is to say that there is someone in your pack, right now, who's committed some atrocity? And will commit again, as the criminal cycle can never be broken. There is no repentance, only repeating.' She fixed her wheat eyes on the other's blue. She could not believe in a pack that claimed to be founded on love and trust, when those qualities were human and not wolfish. Her rant had distracted her from her previous question, but she recalled into focus the evening with the husky, as drug-hazed as it was.

It would be unwise to admit she had trespassed to one of the leaders of the pack. Instead she quirked her lips up in a slightly sneering smile. 'I met a male of yours once. A husky. He told me of your airplane.' She should reacquaint herself with that male sometime (something that would happen in the future, although the lady didn't know it yet.) 'Tell me, do you consider him trustworthy?' She was bluffing, now, she hadn't a clue if he was a subleader or the lowliest omega. The soft, weak female would probably say yes, though. Perhaps she'd say they didn't judge the past, another foolish sentiment, as the past determined the future.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread