Loneliness be over
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... enban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

EDIT: Her fight with Brennt left her with a lot more scars that I had initially planned, ^=^;; So she has some light ones on her face and heavier ones upon her neck, if that changes anything, ^=^;;
500+

The woman was silent, responding with nothing, simply watching him as he spoke. She had seen that quiet smile fade from his lips, and her own mouth was still, a harsh line upon her face. The Raven Dreamer wondered if he had understood what she meant—this Dream had not been about her. Or perhaps he knew that. Suddenly, a soft smile broke that harsh line upon her lips, and her gaze fell to the earth. Only he would say such a thing, could be so selfless. When her gaze lifted, the smile had faded, but it was not entirely gone. "I don’t want to get in your way," the soft voice said, but it was not in reply to the coyote’s statement. In her Dream, Onus had been fighting not her but her father, the crow wolf. And yet the blood had been on her hands; while she had not seen herself within the Dream, she knew that the blood had been there. Even upon waking her hands had been hot. But what did it mean? She was not sure.

She did not want to distance herself, and yet her Dreams had warned her. But should she not be able to experience such a thing? Or was it not permitted to her? Fate would not allow her to know and she did not try—it was not her place to know. What she did know, however, was that she desired to be at his side, for there to be trust, for there to be loyalty. For there to be Love. The white eyes were steady as the smile faded from her maw. But did he want that distance? She already knew that she may have been allowing a dangerous thing for the vigilante, and she did not want to create for him an attachment that would only be a hindrance. She did not want to be that hindrance. Still leaning against the wall of the cave, the woman suddenly broke the silence, her voice calm and certain. "Kiss me." The white orbs watched him slowly as if in challenge, but she was not teasing him. This was not a game.

She waited in the silence, unwilling to admit that he may refuse her. "I need to know." She needed to know if he loved her, if he desired her. Words would do nothing—words were a quagmire that devoured meaning. But action, touch, was different. There was much that a single touch could tell. And the warrior had told him that one could not fully know another until they fought. The contact, the way in which the mind worked, all revealed the intent of the other. And a kiss would be appropriate; it was something lovers did, and she would be able to know. And a kiss would have to suffice, for she knew that he would not desire her physically, and perhaps he never would. But that did not matter to the woman. What did matter to her was this man, this quiet killer, this knight of Justice.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread