Wanderlust
Big Grin

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Practiced fingers scooped out the entrails of the rabbits, still standing there outside the house. When Lubomir announced his mateship to Mew, Hanna very nearly clapped him on the back before looking down at her hands. They were more than a little bit messy, so she turned the motion into a thumbs up, giggling, "Congratulations, Lubomir. Welcome to the family. There are no doubts in my mind you'll be good to Mew." She grinned genuinely at him. Cramped she might have felt, but her family was still family, no matter whether by blood or otherwise.

Nodding at his choice of cooked meat, Hanna turned toward the door, this time climbing the steps to enter the doorway, taking the rabbits to the sink. It was a miracle that the water still ran, but it was definitely a help to her. The dark femme washed her bloodied hands, then turned to start a fire going with her flint and freshly-cleaned knife, the sparks catching within a few strikes. As the newborn flame began to eat at the small twigs, she turned away to find her satchel, moving about the little cabin as one familiar with their dwelling does, pulling a chair from the table out for Lubomir to sit upon if he wished. She found her cooking herbs and took them to the counter, and began washing the blood away from the meat. She then patted the meat with the herbs and spitted it to hang above the fire to roast, cleaned her hands, and went to sit at the table.

As she worked, she'd been listening to Lubomir as he spoke of his time in Shadowed Sun, sitting as he concluded with an apology. "Life is about learning, you're right on the mark with that. But there's no need for an apology. I was never a member of Shadowed Sun. I knew Pilot from the old lands; in fact, I inked the Storm tattoo on his wrist. I'd gone to the pack lands because I'd heard of the library and wanted to check it out. I visited perhaps twice.." Now her hands were clean, Hanna clasped his shoulder gently, then got up to turn the meat so it would cook evenly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread