I know I have issues
My apologies for my part in the wait as well! I had an exam earlier today, and I just didn't want to derail myself and get back into Brennt until it was over. I was actually kind of glad the lull in my threads came when it did << Sorry there isn't more, by the way! When Brennt is in 'predation mode' or whatever you want to call it, he can't talk or understand words, meaning that Haku will either need to interact with him some other way, or follow him until he reverts back. I'll leave it up to you; if you write that Haku follows him out of curiosity for ten minutes or so, I figure he'd go deeper into Halifax, and at that point he'd be back to normal.

The predator stared at the approaching halfling warily, the crunch of bone accompanying its wide, yellow eyes. The creature was stupid in the modern sense, it had no command of language or understanding of higher thought, it could not consider itself objectively, or even know names, as they were not a part of its instinctive drives. Despite this, though, there was a peculiar calmness and confidence about the animal, as if it were aware of its situation very clearly, and was prepared for anything. Truly, it was, for the few tools it had at its disposal were useful in a very broad range of situations. If the male came no closer, it would do nothing. If he came forward, it would growl and snarl until such time as he backed away. If he did not back away, it would attack him until he did. If he still did not, it would attack him until he died. If he did not die, it would run. If he ran faster, it would fight until it died itself.

The creature finished its consumption of the puppy quickly, as any wolf with food it fears might be stolen, it wolfed its meal down, hence the term. Nonetheless, when that was done, it was confronted by an adult, presumably of some relation to the child. His stance might suggest that he was afraid, for he clearly was attached to the child, and the predator had eaten the child, meaning that if he did not attack, it was because he was hesitant to do so. But the primitive wolf did not smell that on him, or detect it from his body language. The creature was not afraid, but curious. Despite its primordial nature, the predator was not a reptile, it understood curiosity, and understood that it probably was not dangerous unless it was smaller than the other wolf. Because it was not, it felt no fear.

It surveyed the area enclosed by the fence, and found that there was no way to easily escape it. The only way out was barred by the brown wolf, which meant the predator would need to pass him to escape. It growled low, approaching slightly, off to one side, leaving plenty of room for Haku to pass it and enter the enclosure if he wanted to. His curiosity could be satisfied, he could have the scant remains of the child if he wanted them, and the enclosure as well. They meant nothing to the monster, it had taken its fill of the body, and had wanted the location only as a safe eating place. Now it wanted to leave.

Messages In This Thread