Just what it was about this old coffee shop
[html]

ooc: We're freaks Big Grin I mean that in the best possible way ^-^
secretly falling apart

She wanted to talk to him all day long. Sometimes she wondered why everyone couldn't just get along; Empusa didn't understand fighting, and arguing. She'd never argued with anyone except for Gabriel--he had been the one to accept her into Inferni. But just when she had thought that she and her mother would finally have a home, he'd turned it around on her. Had said that Monet wouldn't be welcomed in Inferni. She wondered if the only reason that she was welcomed there was because she was related to Kaena, the previous leader. She was the leader's grand-daughter. At least, that's what Monet had told her. And Gabriel had believed it.

Empusa felt like her face was going to fall off; it was so stretched out from all of the smiling. She'd never smiled so much before in her life! "I will have to guard my own tail well, then--you are a strong wolf, and if I do not guard it, I know that you will try and get it. I am glad that you would protect me--I would do the same for you, in Inferni" She didn't like to be reminded that she came from there. The only good thing about Inferni was that Faolin was there; her mother-figure was the only light.

"We have differences like zat as well--with feminine forms and masculine forms of ze words" She nodded in understanding, laughing. "Ze languages have so much similar! So much the same! But zey are so different" Empusa thought about the words. "Zey are even a little like ze English. Like...'Nous marchons ensemble' in French means 'We walk together'. Marchons is sort of like ze English word 'march', to walk, and ensemble is a group of people, in English. Strange."

The fog was coming up all around them, enveloping them as they walked. She looked around, not seeing the surroundings, and walked a little closer to Beppe. Maybe talking would keep her mind off of the fog. "I was...not actually born in France, but my mother was" She said, trying to explain a little bit of her history, "She is ze only one zat I was around when I started to speak, though, so I picked up ze accent."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread