i heard your voice through a photograph
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The eyes he was met with contained sparks like no other, as if his presence had set off some sort of fuse. It was strange, how the three glares were somehow reminiscent of a something he could not fully perceive; something within their eyes was familiar, and that eerie presence put the scarred cyclops on edge. Jefferson could see now that they were the siblings that Miriette had originally spoken of, as the three seemed to bear a few similarities, but for the most part the Patriarch was hesitant on how to approach them... that is, until the newly-accepted Loas girl spoke up. His single eye widened at the use of his former name, that which had been given him at birth so long ago and had since fallen out of use. Few knew of that name: Haku was one, but his younger step-brother didn't dawdle in the Patriarch's business. The others, Iskata and Laruku, were long dead.

Jefferson bristled suddenly and poised himself defensively, matching their glares with one of his own. Miriette continued with more vague and mystifying words, speaking of his memory that itself was long dead and forgotten. His amnesia had yet to clear, but after months spent as Jefferson without looking back on his misty former life, he'd given up on trying to remember. The cyclops' voice dropped to its lowest, gravest level, crawling up from the back of his throat and bubbling with suspicion and rage. "How do you know my name?" He snapped at the girl. One of her silent brothers spoke next, a fury within the boy's voice as dark as his own. The tawny male's words put Jefferson into a stupor; the cyclops stared at them with a furrowed brow and a hanging jaw, unsurprisingly caught off guard by the defiant admission. "Spawn?!" His voice leapt from his throat, cracking. The Patriarch then shook his head and awkwardly--yet gruffly--snickered: "Don't make me laugh. I don't have kids." Hell, the cyclops had only made love to a drunk girl, and that had only been a few months prior. What woman in her right mind, sans intoxication or blindness, would allow that, anyway? Regaining his composure, Jefferson stiffened his back and assumed the typical scowl and stare. "You've got me confused with someone else. If you don't have business here, leave."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread