a song and dance invisible
[html]

.......Smile

ANOTHER HARD-LUCK STORY

.......Speaking to other animals was something that Hemming did frequently, but they did not respond in a language that he understood. He enjoyed it anyways, and would greet and make various comments to whatever beasts he came across. Perhaps not being able to understand their words added to his fascination; he liked to have big secrets to ponder about and break down slowly. The wolf would learn of their ways by other means, by watching the way they reacted to his movements, or the way they interacted with other lower creatures. Reading also helped him learn a lot; the humans had made so many discoveries that the wolf could bury his nose in books all day and still wonder. Sometimes it seemed like answering questions just made new ones.

.......He flinched a little at the quick movement that his words elicited, lifting his shoulders slightly. "I'm sorry to surprise you. Yeah, I just got here a few days ago. My name's Hemming." He smiled some more before raising his eyebrows at what she said next. "Really? Wow, okay." With a bounce in his step he headed towards the stall, opening the door just wide enough for him to slip through and then closing it gently.

.......It was quite amazing to be so close to the creature, and Hemming's breathing almost stopped as he surveyed its large eyes, the shape of its ears and the bristly hairs on its great snout. "Hi," he uttered to the horse, the words almost quiet enough to be a whisper. "What's his name?" The wolf was eager to feed him but for now, simple awe had gripped him. The creature did not seem full grown yet - its proportions still slightly childish, - but already Hemming could see strength and elegance shining through. The horse would be very handsome when it was older.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread