Sleep Provides No Rest
(sorry guys)

Firefly could just catch the sound of others in the distance but she ignored them as she stared down at Ruri from above, wondering if Jacquez had changed much from the man she once knew. She watched as Ruri came closer to join her, atleast in the sense of presence. She flicked her ears back slightly and waited for the girl's answer. It didn't take long for her to find the words she was looking for as she began to pour out a story of the male. She couldn't see the smile that spread across Firefly's maw but the woman was highly amused by the fact that the rascal hadn't changed one bit. A soft chuckle rose from above the blind girl as Firefly sighed. "Oh he's never going to change is he.." She didn't expect an answer, the question really didn't need one. They both already knew it.

She glanced down as she realized the blind girl was looking up towards her she should have figured that the girl would have had questions of her own but she didn't think that they would have come about so quickly or that they would have made her think so deeply. There was one thing Firefly didn't like to do often and that was remember the sour times of her life, right before she'd met Jacquez had been one of those. She sighed softly as she began. "DaVinci, Magdalena and I met Jacquez when we were further down the coast, hundreds of miles from here.. We boarded ship with him looking for adventures.. and somehow we ended up in Ireland. Inbetween DaVinci and I began to get to know Jacquez better. I was younger than you are now.. Oddly enough on our return voyage back.. Jacquez' crew just happened to be the ship we boarded again. Magdalena and I had to return here.. but DaVinci stayed on ship with Jacquez.." She left out all the silly little details of the games they played, how she'd developed her first crush, still a child, on the male on the trip to Ireland and how she'd returned a woman to this wild world they lived in now.

Messages In This Thread