Recoil
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">
WC: 379
ooc: Corvus can make the first move, if he wants to have some fun tonight! Smile I have no specific wounds or anything in mind, so you can go wild.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay did not often wish he could shift, but this was a night for uncommon occurrences, it seemed. He rarely felt small, even compared to werewolves, and never threatened. But the motionless figure before him invoked all of that, and more, and Slay found himself wondering if it would not have been better to have remained at home with his loved ones, and just dealt with the insomnia by counting sheep... It spoke, its voice flat and terrible, mocking him with a quiet laugh. The arctic wolf's ears were flat against his skull, tail whipping in a low, agitated circle. What incantation would make this apparition vanish?

Dahlian. Yes, that was true. He had been with the pack from the very beginning, and felt more like a real home than any other he'd known. But somehow, hearing the title spoken in that smooth, insidious voice, it sounded like an insult. And how did the white-collared man know the name, anyway? Surely Slay would have known if this shadow-beast had crossed their borders before. Like a spider knows when prey brushes its web, only in reverse, because the arctic wolf certainly didn't feel like the predator in this situation. He tried to remain still, his ruff fully erect, fur bristling all the way down his spine to his tail. He had not felt this threatened since... Honestly, not since he was a small child, cowering from his maniacal sire. It was as though this black ghost could snuff out his life with his glittering ebony eyes, and it took all of his obstinacy to not look away from the challenge.

"You're... Cwmfen's, aren't you," he said slowly, realization dawning slowly. His Adonis had never outright explained the story, but the eerie feeling he got from her feathered companion was the same distasteful superstition he felt emanating from this Secui. The same rich dark fur, the same flat colourless eyes... A growl rumbled from his broad chest, an involuntary response to the dangerous Korean. This was her father. Might as well be his own, for all he wanted to reject the man's existence. "What do you want?" he spat, ice-pale eyes cold with defensive anger and undeniable fear. He had seen enough nightmares to recognize one standing in front of him...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread