You drove me Away
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She was new to this still, the greeting process. Dierdre usually tried to be the first one to get to the new wolves when they came to the border, but this time she'd been right in the middle of something--a fishing expedition. There were places in the ice that she could dig a fairly wide hole, one wide enough for her to put the entire upper part of her body into if she needed to. A string with a little, half frozen worm on it served as a good enough lure--when the fish got to the surface, she would lunge forward at them.

The front part of her body was still a little wet, her fur having frozen before she could shake the cold water out of it. She didn't really mind, since it wasn't on her skin, freezing her..just in the tips of her fur. The icicle-covered wolf carried the fish she'd caught with her in a small sack tied over her back.

Dierdre walked for a ways before she smelled anything out of the ordinary. When the scent hit her nose she frowned, turning in that direction instead. Pilot was there, she could smell his scent above everything else, and she wondered if he would mind if she joined him, to watch. She figured that he might need some backup, too, if the stranger proved to be dangerous.

The girl shook her fur out a little as she approached, trying to rid herself of a few of the icicles so that she would look a little more presentable. She padded toward Pilot and the new wolf, giving her mate a quick nudge beneath the chin when she reached them. "I've not seen many greetings--I hope you don't mind" She turned her mismatched eyes to the newcomer, "I'm Dierdre."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread