I would still lay down my life for you
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sounds good ^^ Bah, he's laying on his side not his stomach, I fixed it XD

No matter how he tried to force his mind into sleep it would not come. It seemed his thoughts raged even louder with every attempt he made to silence them. Whenever he closed his eyes the image of her face holding her blade against him came to him with Haku grinning in the background. So satisfied with himself. He wanted to wipe that grin off his face with his hands around the brute's throat, watching as he slowly suffocated. The coyote should have killed him that day. It would have been easy enough. He had knocked him unconscious. It probably would have been one of the easiest he had ever made. No one would have known who had done it either. He had been new to the lands and Haku had no shortage of enemies. It would have been so simple. The world would have been a better place and he would not be haunted so now.

Despite not being able to sleep he stayed on his bed, unmoving. He didn't have the energy to do anything else right now. He had worked his body hard this morning. He probably shouldn't have been quite so thorough in his training today. While his injuries were superficial, they still needed time to heal. Subconsciously he had been trying to work these thoughts and concerns from his mind. That was futile and he should have known it. Now all his muscles burned with lactic acid, the injured ones worst of all. It wasn't the accomplished, contented pain that such things usually brought him. It only seemed to add to his unrest, making it all more maddening than it already was.

Onus' ears flicked as he heard someone stumbling around in the main staircase of the building. In all his time staying here he had never heard anyone else bother to venture up the steps. He had found that most luperci in places like this that did not inhabit cities usually didn't head up tall buildings, which was precisely why he chose a higher up apartment. He listened closely to the sounds of the intruder, his body invisibly preparing itself for a conflict. He heard them walking down the hallway and then pausing at the door. Ever so slowly the scent of them came to his nose. Cwmfen? Honestly he was surprised that she had come to search him out. He heard her startle as she entered the room. That surprised him even more. She wasn't the type to be surprised in such a way.

Then she approached the bed, but he made no move to display that he was not indeed asleep. He just waited. Though when she came so close he found his body yearning for her. It wanted to take her into his arms and hold her close and just forget everything that had transpired last time. But that could not happen. His mind would not allow that to happen. He waited a few more unbearably silent moments before he decided to speak. "Did he send you to kill me? I wouldn't put it past someone like him." He did a good job of keeping most of the emotion from his voice, but even then some of it managed to leak through.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread