I would still lay down my life for you
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ppachi.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As he looked at her he watched her face. He could almost see the thoughts that raced behind those peerless eyes. Looking at her made the aching in his heart worse and made the small distance between them feel even more wrong. He wanted to touch her fur, to press his nose against her and fill his head with her sweet scent, to feel her body against his once again. But still he couldn't, not yet. Not until they had resolved this matter that had driven that space between them. For all his strength, when it came to matters between the two of them he felt fragile. He felt like that child from so long ago who's spirit had been crushed as his mother's jaws had torn at his body. As the silence persisted his heart beat heavily and pounded in his ears like a drum.

Finally she broke the silence and he listened to her carefully chosen words. So she had not intended for this to happen. Perhaps she just did not understand that words could be just as powerful as actions. That she didn't necessarily know when to differentiate when actions would work against her when words were the right course. "Sometimes words are a better course. Especially in delicate matters. I had caused no threat to him or your pack that day and so did not understand why you acted as if I had." If she was willing to explain her thought process, then he should give her insight into his as well. "As for Haku, I will not search him out nor did I intend to after our first encounter. However if he comes after me I will not back down. Not only is he a criminal, but he has violated me." Not in any sexual manner, but to him it had been a severe violation. "He removed my cloth. To do such is a grave offense to me." Others might not understand, but he hoped that she would.

Then she asked for his forgiveness. Once again she told him that she was not perfect, as she had on their first night together. Onus could not stand the distance between them anymore and he reached for one of her hands, his thumb rubbing the fur on the back of her hand. She had hurt him yes, but she had not meant it. He could see that she was truly sorry and had not realized how her actions would effect him. "I forgive you Cwmfen." He motioned that she could join him on the bed. His body still ached and he did not feel like getting up. "I have always known you were not perfect and will never hold that against you. I am imperfect as well." Now that they were on good terms again he felt a weariness take over him. For days he had been tense and now that tension was released. But with the weariness there was also a calm, his heart gladdened that they had not been torn apart.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread