Skeleton Me, Love don't Cry
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... itable.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Mati hadn’t thought that anyone would understand. Of course her mothers would be upset about Haven, but it was different for them. Children were expected to venture out, and knowing how he felt about their father would be different for them too. Maybe even more painful. Savi’s advice was something that Mati could take to heart. She spoke of time, and patience that Mati had yet to master. She knew how it hurt, and she knew Haven almost as well as Mati did. The things she said only reiterated what she believed herself, but she needed to hear them. Needed to know that they were true. But till Mati could not speak of it any more, and needed to let them sink into her skull and settle. She was glad her question had changed the subject, even if for just a moment.

Mati listened in silence, picturing her aunt facing a fierce coyote. It was hard to see the black wolfess pitted against any beast, Mati had always known her to be a gentle soul. She was a kind leader, and a loving mother. The girl knew nothing about her rage, and only understood that she was protective but did not know what lengths she would go to keep the pack safe. It all sounded like the foolishness Mati had exhibited the night before, I was foolish too. I had been warned, and didn’t listen. If I hadn’t been found, I wouldn’t have made it home either. Mati paused, looking up at the dark furred woman’s face. I want to be strong, but I don’t know when if I’ll ever not be afraid. Her voice was weak, but it held the desire what thing she spoke of. Was Savina afraid of the coyote that she had fought? Mati didn’t even have the courage to ask.

table by Syd

[/html]

Messages In This Thread