bloody mascaraed
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

DaVinci knew him well; the Patriarch had been dwindling on thoughts far too much and far too long. His patience and temper clearly ran thin as a result, and even the silver-furred idiot knew enough to know that Jefferson didn't quite snap that easily. Jefferson ignored the stabbing glare he received from DaVinci, unfazed by its uncharacteristic ferocity, and took for granted the brief silence that spanned between them and allowed him a few precious seconds to breathe and reclaim himself.

"I didn't do anything to them," he lied. "That Miriette... child and her brothers. I scared them off." It wasn't the whole story, but it would do to satisfy DaVinci's nagging curiosity. His choice of words was a bit gentler than usual when he referred to them, though his green eye thinned and distanced. Jefferson continued, now turning the eye to claw ungraciously at the Savant. "Stay the hell away from Inferni, DaVinci. You fuck with them again and you're fucking with me." His voice was cold and bitter, his piercing gaze relentless. "Another one I met with was Gabriel. He came here ready to kill you and I had to fight him off to protect your sorry ass."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread