What to Think of the Unexpected
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

The one-eyed male’s visage darkened at her news. The woman did not doubt that there were pups within the boarders of Phoenix Valley, and she knew as well that their protection was a very high priority, as it was within her own pack. Yet, she felt that there was something more to the male than he was telling her; he no longer seemed to be the negligent, nonchalant male of before. And she wondered at this, but was silent. She did not know the male well enough having just met him moments before, but this was also not the time to demand such information. His words made her think that he was perhaps a scout of the lands, which would certainly explain why he was near the boarders. The woman nodded. "It will be best to keep the pups far within the boarders." The woad marked warrior believed that the male would know what to do; nevertheless she voiced the suggestion. Brennt would not simply stay away. He would grow hungry again.

DaVinci is my subleader. The woad bound ears pricked forward, though her face did not necessarily display the mild surprise she felt. If DaVinci were Maluki’s subleader, then would that not make Maluki the leader of this pack? The white eyes watched him curiously. If this were so, she wondered why he had felt the need to deceive her. Of course, perhaps it had been her inability to register the slight inflections of sarcasm that had made such a thing irresistible. Nevertheless, the woman did not necessarily appreciate such a thing. Deception was a way to disrespect, and disrespect was one thing that the black warrior could not tolerate. At the same time, Maluki would be her superior, and so there was not much she could do to counter him, or so she believed in her mind. Having been raised to show utter respect and acceptance of superiors, the disciplined woman was often silent. Setting the matter aside for a moment, the woman returned to the words that were spoken by the one-eyed male.

"That he is."She had sensed no malevolent nature within the hybrid, only a tendency to fall into a pit of darkness he seemed to have dug himself. So DaVinci had fallen in love with a woman from Inferni. A soft smile graced the woad bound maw. "This must have been going on for a while, I assume," she replied/ "I wondered why he seemed so distraught, but he was set to keep me from his troubles." There was a slight pause before she continued. "Inferni is always on bad terms with another pack, it seems. Perhaps they require conflict to exist." The woman’s tone held no accusation, merely a quiet curiosity. She had heard of such things upon her travels, and often such societies and packs did not fare well. She had only been within Inferni once carrying Ezekiel, and she had met Gabriel. He was one to be reckoned with. In response to his comment about his relationship to her superiors, the black fae simply nodded. So it seemed that many families here were distant.

A light smile flickered across her maw. "You did," she admitted openly. "But," she said after a moment of thought, "I cant understand your reasoning for such a thing. How do I know which of your words were true and which were false?" Even a name could be false.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread