come warm your hands on hellfire and brimstone.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
    A traitor? Surprise did cross the younger wolf's features, but it was not the shocked expression invoked by the crushing of a dearly beloved idol. It was the dark realization that he had been lied to and betrayed. Vitium had been no god to Jael--Vitium had destroyed his mother before their eyes and the boy could not so easily forget such a thing. And yet.. he had sent all of them here to a pack that knew full well he was a traitor? Anger bloomed into life across the pale boy's features. Anger not for Gabriel and his words, but at his father. He had no reason to mistrust Gabriel, but he had no reason to believe him either. Yet he was further inclined to believe the leader of Inferni than the vagabond rapist of Colibri.
    Jael's own conclusion from the situation was simply that Vitium was a liar and he had used them. Perhaps to harm their mother even further he had brainwashed their pliable young minds and knowingly sent them to a clan that would gladly kill them the moment they proudly announced they were the children of an infamous traitor. As the anger formed Jael's pupil's dilated just so, catching the light and changing them to a deep, fiery hue. And in that hue, for the briefest of moments seemed a ring of crimson. But it was gone so fast it could have simply been an illusion. "A traitor?" he finally said, calming his voice enough that it appeared perfectly flat and even, as though there were no negative emotion there. "Might I be permitted to ask.. what he had done?" He wanted to know to know, not to disbelieve; he wanted to know everything there was to know and thus derive the truth from fact. Jael wanted to know what to really think of his sire. Obviously his impressions thus far were not very good, and with good reason.
    And yet even as such Gabriel did not turn him away or make any attempt or indication of planning to kill him for being the offspring of a traitor. "Of course," he replied in his naturally quiet voice, perfectly aware he would have to serve the king in order to live on his land. "I'll do whatever is asked of me, should you permit me to stay."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread