Learning Life's Lessons
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Wow, I rambled a lot XD

Words:739

When the pup changed the subject briefly, a small grin crawled across his features. Oh to be a pup again, with a relatively short attention span. At that age, everything was a curiosity wasn't it? Rath would have laughed in mild amusement at his own thoughts if he did not think the small female might think he was laughing at her, and he certainly didn't want that. "Yes, I live here, but I don't have any family...not anymore. I did have a mom and dad once, but they're...not here anymore." The russet, white-flecked male refrained from using any term directly pertaining to death. Discussing his late parents was not something he enjoyed, which was indicated by his sudden sadness of countenance. However, the pup had asked an honest question that deserved an answer. Hopefully she would take his answer and leave the subject at that, although he would not blame her if she sought more information. It was the nature of puppyhood that questions should always be on the tongue.

When the odd-eyed white girl made a wide-eyed exclamation over his answer about his time estimate for building the greenhouse, the shaggy male couldn't help but smile yet again. "It might be a long time, but that's just because I'm building it by myself and I want to be careful and make sure I do it right. If I did it fast, I might not do a good job, and I can't have that. Whenever you have to do a job, you have to do it well. It's the good thing to do," his resonating tenor voice carried a tone of firm sincerity, and yet it was friendly so that the pup would hopefully receive his lesson willingly and take it too hard. The best job was a job well done. At the mention of the woad marked warrior, Rath smiled once again. Now there was someone he had not conversed with in quite awhile. However, Cwmfen had not been the subject of Catalyst's inquiry. He would have to remember the white eyed female later. "Yes, it is true that humans built all these houses, and probably all the buildings around here," he paused to chuckle at the pups conclusion that he could have been taught by a human, "No, I'm afraid a human didn't teach me how to build things. My father taught me. I started learning all sorts of stuff when I was about your age. I couldn't pick up the tools until I was old enough to change forms, but I learned how to do things by watching my father. My mother taught me a lot of things too. Practically everything I know I learned from my parents..." Rath trailed off for a second, taking a minute to calm his surging emotions. His parents had been dead for a year now, and yet he was not any closer to accepting the pain of their passing. However, the tall werewolf managed to regain his composure and return his attention to Catalyst in what he hoped would seem like an insignificant span of time to the young wolfess. "Of course I get confused. I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but that's also part of the fun of building things. You have to figure out how to make things so that they will fit together in the best way. It's sort of like a game," Rath proclaimed, believing he had given a satisfactory description. A game probably wasn't the best way to put it, as building something wrong could have dire consequences, but Rath did perceive the process as enjoyable, so for him it was a bit of a contest of sorts. His answers complete, the male focused his gooseberry green gaze on the pup, deciding he had best ask a question before she could unleash another flurry of questions for him. "What about you, Catalyst? What sort of stuff do you like to do?" He inquired with a genuine interest, his head turned slightly to the side to indicate his curiosity. If he remembered right, as a pup he had always found great joy in describing in painful detail each and every interest he possessed to his parents, even if they already knew what they were. Hopefully, Catalyst would take the bait and proceed to unleash a wave of information describing her own interests. After all, what pup could resist telling the tales of their various exploits?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread